Pauli Rautakorpi’s silicon CPU and chip Die Shots on Wikimedia Commons #Art #Silicon #VintageComputing

Unknown Reply 7:22 AM

Pauli Rautakorpi and my project is to take die shots of as many CPUs and other interesting chips

Taking pictures of silicon chips is an art as the circuitry most often is hidden beneath case material. Once liberated, the beauty of the circuitry is outstanding. Here we’ve found a beautiful collection on Wikimedia Commons:

Hello all!

I’m Pauli Rautakorpi and my project is to take die shots of as many CPUs and other interesting chips as possible. I use this page to present my die shots in a well organized way so that you can easily see all members of different chip classes and families that I’ve covered so far.

I’m still taking and releasing more die shots as soon as I get more chips and dies and have enough time.

You can also find all my die shots in my file list.

The site has dozens of beautiful pictures! And the pictures appear to be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license allowing for sharing and remixing with attribution.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Birdman86

See the entire collection here.

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews