The Black Hole’s B.O.B. Made with CRICKIT @roboweek #NationalRoboticsWeek #RoboWeek #MakeRobotFriend

Unknown Reply 9:34 PM

One of our favorite robots is B.O.B. from the great The Black Hole, voiced by Slim Pickens. With the astonishing Event Horizon Telescope images of the black hole M87 we’re thinking about B.O.B., and this early CRICKIT project.

This robot was made with Adafruit CRICKIT #MakeRobotFriend using 2 standard servos, NeoPixel strand, thin 8 ohm speaker. CRICKT is the low-cost “made a robot out of anything” board from Adafruit, uses CircuitPlayground, code – CircuitPython.

The Black Hole – Disney
Released: December 21, 1979

The U.S.S. Cygnus is perched precariously at the edge of a black hole – the vast, empty nothingness where space and time end. Anything that crosses its border enters a universe of the complete unknown. A story of robots and humanoids, human genius and madness, and a spectacular descent into nature’s ultimate mystery – The Black Hole.

http://movies.disney.com/the-black-hole

Best Robot Death Scene of All Time – The Black Hole (1979) – video.

The Black Hole:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Hole

V.I.N.CENT: We have to go!
B.O.B.: Nope, I can’t make it! My main circuits are gone, my anti-grav-systems blown, and both backup systems are failing.
V.I.N.CENT: You can make it!
B.O.B.: It’s no use, V.I.N.CENT! My useful days are finished! But part of me goes with ya. You’ll never be obsolete.
[starts to shut down]
B.O.B.: Carry on the tradition. We’re the best…
[shuts down and falls back]
V.I.N.CENT: [V.I.N.CENT’s eyes slowly look down at his comrade in arms, then turns towards the probe ship, turning his head backwards to look at B.O.B. once more as he leaves]

IMDb:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078869/quotes

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews