Using an ESP32 and BLE to Avoid Losing Your GoPro #celebratephotography

Unknown Reply 12:06 AM

NewImage

Creative problem solving by Konrad Iturbe on Hackster.io:

Tether? Check. Sticker with my number? Check. An IF_FOUND.txt in the SD card? Check. A device that beeps whenever the camera is out of range or the battery died? Huh?

I had this idea for my upcoming ski trip to get notified in case I lose my GoPro. Problem is turning on WiFi will drain the battery very quickly so I resorted to using Bluetooth, the camera spawns a Bluetooth connection when pairing, and that’s not ideal for me since I need to get a BLE signal as soon as the camera boots up.

Read more


Photofooter

We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!

If you’re interested in making your own project and need some gear, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check out our Raspberry Pi accessories and our DIY cameras.

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews