Driving a 4 digit 7-segment LED display direct from a micro:bit #microbit #MakeCode @MSMakeCode

Unknown Reply 7:50 AM

blogmywiki writes:

I bought a bag of random 7-segment LED displays to play around with, originally with the idea of adding them to the address and data busses on my 6502 breadboard computer. That became a bit tricky, but I got thinking about adding them to a BBC micro:bit. You can buy excellent displays for the micro:bit, but I decided to to build and code my own from scratch, and like building and coding my own keypads, I learned a lot about an electronic component we take for granted.

I decided to write the program to drive the display using MakeCode blocks. You can see the project here: https://makecode.microbit.org/_HxbLuUWob6Rs

See the video above and the project on the blog here

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews