Perfecting an Online Store’s Shipping Game #MakerBusiness

Unknown Reply 7:50 AM

Jeremy S Cook discusses shipping items from a Tindie shop and honing the best practices for doing so.

Hand writing labels on each package isn’t optimal…. I don’t particularly enjoy producing my scrawling print anyway. One alternative is to copy order details from Tindie and print it out, then cut it to shape and tape it on before applying postage. That, however, hardly seems worth the effort.

While there are likely other similar operations out there, I started using a service called Pirate Ship to purchase my USPS postage. They’ve got a very streamlined setup, allowing me to copy addresses from Tindie, paste on their site, and print labels. Initially, I printed them out on a standard 2D printer, which works acceptably when dealing with a small number of packages.

Printing out labels that need to be cut and taped to an item is OK, but being able to copy/paste/buy/print/slap label on package with tracking is truly an amazing feeling. It’s as if I’ve obtained some sort of new teleportation power, allowing me to send packages at will to a far-off land.

See all of Jeremy’s tips in the post here.

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews