Today I learned how to use cement! #Upcycling

Unknown Reply 7:50 AM

On the What I Made Today blog, a scavenged lamp is made new with “a bit” of cement:

A few days ago, I’ve found this broken reading lamp while walking with Mufasa.

It’s counterweight was broken.

That’s it, everything else was just fine.

So I took it home, and start talking with my [also makers] friends. Pretty interesting ideas came up for the counterweight replacement, one even suggested a car’s disk brake!

Eventually, I choose a more conventional solution – Using Cement as a counterweight.

To repair this lamp, I’ve needed to overcome some challenges:

  1. I don’t know how to work with cement.
  2. I’ve measured the weight needed for supporting the lamps generated moment, and It’s more than 5kg!

The original weight is slightly thicker than the lamps aluminum dish. So pouring cement only inside the lamp’s dish just won’t do.

Read the process taken and lessons learned in the blog post here.

Post a Comment

Search

Follow us

Popular Reviews